-->

Sample Text

I collect:
Italian stamps (since 1960 only if new);
Worldwide stamps issued before 1960, with particular interest in the former colonies;
... and all the ones I like
I am looking for my themes:

1949 UPU 75th anniversary
1935 Silver Jubilee Gerge V
1953 Coronation of Elizabeth II
British royal visits - (only until the early 60s)

I'd like to hear your opinion. Thank you all.

Translate

Blogroll

Western Samoa -1935- Views


Archipelago in the south Pacific Ocean, east of Fiji. In 1861-99, Samoa was an independent kingdom under the influence of the US, to which the harbor of Pago Pago had been ceded, and that of Great Britain and Germany. In 1898 a disturbance arose, resulting in the withdrawal of Great Britain, and the partitioning of the islands between Germany and the US. Early in World War I the islands under German domination were occupied by New Zealand troops and in 1920 the League of Nations declared them a mandate to New Zealand. Western Samoa became independent in 1962.
1935
Views of the Samoa islands
Complete set

No comments:

Post a Comment